Mternship Program 2024 - Creative
The Mternship program is a 10 week full-time summer internship program designed to provide students a hands-on experience to prepare for careers in advertising and marketing, design firms, brands or other companies in the communications field. Mterns will have the opportunity to work on significant educational projects that can include, but are not limited to, the concept and creation of package designs, digital campaigns, brochures, print ads, TV commercials, websites, experiential design and any other medium used to market a product, service or brand. The goal is for students to leave with projects for their portfolio and/or an understanding of how a creative agency works.
INTERNSHIP JOB DESCRIPTION
Intern will learn strategic thinking, how to put together ideas with clarity, how to present, edit, craft, resilience, different work styles, the lifecycle of a project, how to support fellow creatives, elevate creative chops, and more. Creative Intern will:
- Assist Art Director/Copywriter team in executing creative assignments for agency clients.
- Intern will be able to develop skills in concept development and campaign development, as well as writing craft as related to their discipline (Writing/design)
- Intern will also develop presentations, working with more senior creative teams.
- Intern will be able to develop experience working on real briefs for real clients.
- Intern will have the opportunity to work as a junior team in one of our offices in NY, LA, Phoenix, or headquarters in Durham, NC.
- Pursuing BFA/BA/MA in Advertising, Graphic Design, or Creative Writing; or pursuing certification/degree at an advertising/portfolio school.
- Conceptual thinking.
- Proficiency in Google slides.
- Art Director Mtern must know photoshop/illustrator, other adobe programs would be a plus.
NOTE: Art Director and Copywriter track students should apply to this posting. This is a hybrid internship, not fully remote. Interns must be able to work out of an office location at least two days a week. Relocation stipend not included in internship offer.
Our estimated compensation for this role is $18/hour.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE US
You must be authorized to work in the US for any employer. At this time, we are not sponsoring or providing assistance with obtaining work authorization.
McKinney is a place where everyone can grow. Studies have shown that marginalized communities such as women, LGBTQ+ and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
We are in the office Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday on a hybrid schedule.