Mternship Program 2024 - Marketing
The Mternship program is a 10 week full-time summer internship program designed to provide students a hands-on experience to prepare for careers in advertising and marketing, design firms, brands or other companies in the communications field. Mterns will have the opportunity to work on significant educational projects that can include, but are not limited to, the concept and creation of package designs, digital campaigns, brochures, print ads, TV commercials, websites, experiential design and any other medium used to market a product, service or brand. The goal is for students to leave with projects for their portfolio and/or an understanding of how a creative agency works.
INTERNSHIP JOB DESCRIPTION
- Marketing Intern works with Director and Brand Manager on brand research and client backgrounders, as well as RFP assembly and other content management needs.
- They will be assisting with the development of all McKinney marketing activities that generate awareness of the McKinney brand and drive qualified new business opportunities
- Intern will learn how to market a brand and specifically will learn how to do that through channels like Owned Channels, SEM, PR, Paid Media, Email marketing, Events Influencers, Partnerships , Vertical marketing
- Intern will see first-hand how we evaluate clients, how we use search management and other tactics to reach brands and customers.
This internship is a great experience for anyone looking to go agency or client side in marketing. The marketing actions we are taking are universal to modern marketing, including CRM, one to one relationship building, promoting the agency on owned channels and analyzing needs for optimization.
- Must be graduating between December 2024 - May 2026
- Majoring in marketing, mass communications, public relations, English preferred
- Familiarity with social media tools
NOTE: This is a hybrid internship. Interns will be required to report to a McKinney office twice a week. Relocation stipend is not included in internship offer.
Our estimated compensation for this role is $18/hour.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE US
You must be authorized to work in the US for any employer. At this time, we are not sponsoring or providing assistance with obtaining work authorization.
McKinney is a place where everyone can grow. Studies have shown that marginalized communities such as women, LGBTQ+ and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
We are in the office Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday on a hybrid schedule.