Mternship Program 2024 - Media
The Mternship program is a 10 week full-time summer internship program designed to provide students a hands-on experience to prepare for careers in advertising and marketing, design firms, brands or other companies in the communications field. Mterns will have the opportunity to work on significant educational projects that can include, but are not limited to, the concept and creation of package designs, digital campaigns, brochures, print ads, TV commercials, websites, experiential design and any other medium used to market a product, service or brand. The goal is for students to leave with projects for their portfolio and/or an understanding of how a creative agency works.
INTERNSHIP JOB DESCRIPTION
Think about all the things you’re exposed to on a daily basis, but don’t really notice. We live in a world full of invisible impressions. Adding to a sea of sameness where others have deeper pockets and hoping for anything but the expected outcome is silly. We can’t simply rely on reaching the right people in the right places at the right times. We need them to engage with our messaging and ultimately share it in some way. That’s what our team of analytically minded, creative media thinkers work passionately to accomplish on a daily basis for our clients.
Planning and Development
- Develop a mastery of media fundamentals across traditional and digital media
- Build proficiency with industry planning tools (e.g., Nielsen Media Impact, Nielsen Ad Intel, Strata, DFA, etc.) to identify and evaluate media opportunities, assess the competitive landscape, pull plan deliveries and manage media buys
- Learn the ins and outs of the client’s business (e.g., sales, seasonality, target audience, etc.)
- Learn basic programmatic trading tasks such as setup, pacing, campaign optimization, and reporting
- Review past efforts to understand role of media types utilized and historical performance as relevant to successfully developing future campaigns
- Create initial draft of media planning goals and objectives and a measurement plan framework
- Gather and analyze relevant research to strategically inform plan development
- Create, organize and maintain relevant media partner information (contact info, media kits, etc.) details and insertion orders) to secure inventory from media partners
- Build trafficking sheets by media type with all relevant information (placement, targeting, cost model, etc.)
Reporting and Optimization
- Help monitor, optimize and report on the approved digital media plan elements
- Pull, scrub and analyze campaign data from DFA (or other relevant sources)
- Regularly implement optimizations based on partner performance
- Build and present performance reports as scoped per client
- Previous media agency internships preferred
- Majoring in advertising or mass communications with emphasis in media
- Computer science major preferred for trading internship.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Python, and familiarity with other computer languages will be beneficial.
- Graduating December 2024 - May 2026
NOTE: This is a hybrid internship, not fully remote. Interns must be able to work out of an office location at least two days a week. Relocation stipend not included in internship offer.
Our estimated compensation for this role is $18/hour.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE US
You must be authorized to work in the US for any employer. At this time, we are not sponsoring or providing assistance with obtaining work authorization.
McKinney is a place where everyone can grow. Studies have shown that marginalized communities such as women, LGBTQ+ and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
We are in the office Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday on a hybrid schedule.