Mternship Program 2024 - Production
The Mternship program is a 10 week full-time summer internship program designed to provide students a hands-on experience to prepare for careers in advertising and marketing, design firms, brands or other companies in the communications field. Mterns will have the opportunity to work on significant educational projects that can include, but are not limited to, the concept and creation of package designs, digital campaigns, brochures, print ads, TV commercials, websites, experiential design and any other medium used to market a product, service or brand. The goal is for students to leave with projects for their portfolio and/or an understanding of how a creative agency works.
INTERNSHIP JOB DESCRIPTION
Intern will have the opportunity to support department producers and work as part of a team to plan, research, and produce new business pitch materials, digital/social trends and integrated content.
- Responsible for assisting department producers in the management of project objectives on assigned accounts throughout the creation, procurement and financial stages of a project, including day-to-day production deliverables, project schedule, task delegation and studio resources
- Participate in client pitches and the preparation of pitch materials
- Acts as a resource for producers to proactively track the status of and respond to project needs to ensure projects stay on schedule, in scope and within budget.
- Manage production assets through version control and effective file management
- Exhaustively understands a project’s creative, and assist Producer to maximize creative concept, user experience and media placements throughout the life of a project
- Facilitate vendor screenings at McKinney, including booking the room, ordering the lunch, scheduling producers and creatives.
- Independently researches industry trends, technology and best practices through blogs, industry sites, books, etc.
- Graduating between December 2024 and May 2026
- Majoring in marketing, journalism, mass communications or related field
- Strong organizational and communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite—especially Acrobat Pro, PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite and file management.
NOTE: This internship is hybrid. Interns are expected to report into a McKinney Office at least twice a week. Relocation expenses are not included in internship offer.
Our estimated compensation for this role is $18/hour.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE US
You must be authorized to work in the US for any employer. At this time, we are not sponsoring or providing assistance with obtaining work authorization.
McKinney is a place where everyone can grow. Studies have shown that marginalized communities such as women, LGBTQ+ and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
We are in the office Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday on a hybrid schedule.