Mternship Program 2024 - Strategy
The Mternship program is a 10 week full-time summer internship program designed to provide students a hands-on experience to prepare for careers in advertising and marketing, design firms, brands or other companies in the communications field. Mterns will have the opportunity to work on significant educational projects that can include, but are not limited to, the concept and creation of package designs, digital campaigns, brochures, print ads, TV commercials, websites, experiential design and any other medium used to market a product, service or brand. The goal is for students to leave with projects for their portfolio and/or an understanding of how a creative agency works.
INTERNSHIP JOB DESCRIPTION
- Compiles and analyzes primary and secondary research, inclusive of social listening
- Presents elements of research/strategy findings to internal teams
- Works with senior strategists to craft creative briefs and/or influencer campaign overviews
- Monitors cultural, social, and influencer trends that affect a client’s business
- Intern will learn brand, social, and influencer strategy, desk research, presentation design, brand storytelling, brief building, qual research and management
- Must be graduating between December 2024 - May 2026
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data
- Ability to collect information, establish facts and suggest conclusions based upon information furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to assess/tell a logical and compelling narrative around a business's problem, an insight and the strategic solution that led to effective creative work to solve that problem
NOTE: This is a hybrid internship. Interns will be required to report to a McKinney office twice a week. Relocation stipend is not included in internship offer.
Our estimated compensation for this role is $18/hour.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE US
You must be authorized to work in the US for any employer. At this time, we are not sponsoring or providing assistance with obtaining work authorization.
McKinney is a place where everyone can grow. Studies have shown that marginalized communities such as women, LGBTQ+ and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
We are in the office Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday on a hybrid schedule.