Sustainability Research Analyst
MFS Investment Management
At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters – to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
MFS is an investment management firm representing retail and institutional clients worldwide. Founded in 1924, we have a global footprint of investment professionals and manage more than $550 billion in equity and fixed income assets.
Our mission is to allocate capital responsibly on behalf of our clients. We engage in that mission by investing in equity and fixed income securities that we believe will outperform throughout an economic cycle. As a result, we focus on understanding all the financially material factors that are critical to the long-term success of the companies we own.
MFS' ESG integration strategy is not based on creating new ESG products or implementing exclusions. Instead, we focus on conducting rigorous, security-level analysis that allows us to develop a nuanced understanding of the financially material ESG risks and opportunities facing each issuer. As a result, MFS' sustainability team—which has always been part of our investment team—plays an integral role in each step of the investment decision making process, collaborating daily with other investment professionals to drive the best long-term outcomes for our clients.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Collaborate with industry analysts, portfolio managers, and sustainability team members on research related to individual equity and fixed income securities and various ESG themes
• Work closely with the investment team to prepare for and conduct effective engagements
• Use creativity, discretion, and analysis to encourage the proper modeling and valuation adjustments based on our ESG research and engagements
• Contribute to the development and execution of MFS’ voting policies, priorities and goals
• Communicate with clients and other external parties regarding MFS' equity and fixed income ESG research, voting and engagement activity
• Assist the client-facing sustainability strategy team with various projects, including client and regulatory reporting as well sustainability related road shows or events
• Represent MFS in various organizations/initiatives that assist us in evaluating sustainability, good corporate governance and ESG topics
• Provide input to our IT team, acting as a business user as they design ESG-related systems and workflows on our behalf
• Participate in ad-hoc projects as necessary
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Five or more years of experience in an investment or ESG-focused role
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse group of individuals
• Strong analytical and project management skills
• Ability to work creatively and independently
• Demonstrated interest in sustainability fields
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.
What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.