MFS Investment Management
At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters – to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
Under the direction and supervision of the RFP Manager, the incumbent supports the business development and retention efforts of both institutional and wholesale teams globally within MFS. The primary function of the role is to complete Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), client and consultant Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) and other requests as necessary (inclusively "Requests"). Working in coordination with the Global RFP team ("the team"), the incumbent prepares requests, by researching, writing, and editing materials describing MFS’ investment products, strategies and services. Coordinates the collection of quantitative data from internal business partners. Reports directly to RFP Manager on all issues (workflow, systems and technology, deadlines, data production, internal customer trends or needs, etc.) that affect the RFP production process.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for production and completion of less complex requests received from prospects, existing clients and consulting firms as directed by distribution business partners.
- At the direction of their RFP Manager, the incumbent reprioritizes and completes assignments in response to changing workloads and business needs.
- Requests are completed following extensive collaboration with internal groups across numerous locations using in-depth business line and product knowledge.
- Create, edit and tailor responses in compliance with MFS overall and business area-specific policies.
- Completes administrative duties as required, to ensure all requests comply with RFP policies and procedures.
- Assume other responsibilities as required with ad-hoc duties (e.g. compiling statistical data)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 0 to 2 years’ experience in financial services, ideally within asset management.
- IT skills: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Adobe Acrobat. Proposal Management Software, C360.
- Exceptional creative writing, communication, editorial, analytical, research, interpersonal, verbal, and organizational skills required.
- Possess, or have the ability to, acquire in-depth knowledge of MFS investment products, procedures and personnel.
- Ability to adapt to new and evolving technology and processes quickly.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with individuals at all levels of seniority within the organization
- Flexibility at short notice to work additional hours to fulfill their duties.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree and Investment Management Certificate (IMC) or equivalent preferred, but not essential.
- Knowledge of RFP function and processes preferred, but not essential
- Knowledge of financial, economic and portfolio management concepts and terminology preferred.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.
What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.