Sr. Business Analyst and Application Support Specialist
MFS Investment Management
At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters – to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
Join our team at MFS as a Sr Business Analyst and Application Support Specialist and be at the forefront of data management and application excellence. In this dual role, you'll leverage your expertise in supporting and analyzing data flows between multiple tightly integrated systems using SQL. In addition, you’ll use your knowledge of Salesconnect (SS&C) or similar sales systems along with your business analysis skills to ensure the smooth operation of critical applications and data processes.
Collaborate across functions, troubleshoot application-related challenges, and optimize data processes. Your ability to analyze, maintain, and enhance data pipelines, coupled with your business acumen and knowledge of the financial services industry, will contribute directly to MFS's data-driven decision-making and success.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand data requirements and workflows.
- Monitor and maintain data pipelines, ensuring data accuracy and integrity.
- Use SQL to query databases, analyze data, and generate reports to deliver business insights.
- Provide technical support for SalesConnect Sales System (SS&C), MDM Client Master, Territory Management System, or similar systems.
- Identify and resolve application-related issues in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain documentation for data processes and procedures.
- Assist in data migration and integration projects.
- Assist in reconciling sales trade data, providing vital support to the sales and distribution teams.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices and emerging technologies in application support, data management, and business analysis.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Minimum of 2-5+ years of experience
- Proven experience using SQL to query relational databases.
- Familiarity with Salesconnect (SS&C), TA2000 System, and/or asset management sales processing back-end systems is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to data accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry.
- When needed, participate in team weekend coverage rotation.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.
What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.