Editor / Shooter
At MullenLowe we put creativity at the center of everything we do.
We are a culture of makers who are committed to craft and always hungry for what’s next.
We are entrepreneurial in spirit, disarmingly honest and embrace out of the box thinking with different points of view.
We are on a mission to do great work that drives our clients’ business and shapes their brands.
Work that is modern, disruptive and in culture.
Work that people will talk about and share with their friends. And most of all, great work that makes you think and feel something.
If you’re looking to have impact in building a creative culture of belonging, this is the place for you!
Yeti Productions is MullenLowe’s internal production department. As an Editor/Shooter, you will be collaborating with the Creative department to shoot and edit client content that will live across various forms of media, such as broadcast, digital, social, and OOH. The Editor/Videographer also captures and edits content to be used for internal purposes, such as new business proposals, meetings, and award shows. Using their strong creative and technical skills, they play a significant role in the evolution of our internal production capabilities as we continue to push the boundaries of production in creative and efficient ways. This role requires strong interpersonal skills due to frequent one-on-one collaboration with other shooters, editors, and animators. You will also be required to actively participate in supervised edit sessions with creative teams and senior management. This requires a solid understanding of the creative process, an ability to receive and implement feedback, and collaboration across disciplines.
- Shoots and edits content for assigned clients that lives across various forms of media, such as broadcast, digital, social, and OOH.
- Utilizes media equipment (cameras, mics, tripods, lights, etc.) to capture content for use in client advertising campaigns.
- Cuts and assembles recorded visual footage and accompanying audio.
- Performs much of the post-production process, including importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, color correction/grading, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling videos, adding music and voice-overs, media management and archiving project media.
- Captures and edits content to be used for internal purposes, such as new business proposals, meetings, and award shows.
- Works collaboratively with Art directors, Copywriters, Content Producers and Account Managers to organize and execute assigned shoots.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent work experience in advertising industry.
- Experience: Minimum number of 4 years’ experience as a videographer and editor required.
- Software: Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop), MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word), Google G-Suite, and Keynote.
- Proficiency working with a variety of DSLRs.
- Knowledge of lighting and audio recording on-location and in-studio settings.
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills, with the ability to adapt quickly.
- Technical knowledge of audio mixing, sound design, color correction, and encoding.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to project and file hierarchy.
- Must have a website linking to your portfolio of work.
- Other duties as assigned*
The salary range for this position is $75K-$120K. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience and qualifications.
*Duties, responsibilities and activities of this position may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The work is never perfect, so how could we ask that of our applicants? What we do seek out at MullenLowe are original thinkers with a thing for unconventional ideas that solve tomorrow’s big problems. Is that you? Check doubt at the door and apply for the roles that will excite and challenge you in new ways.
At MullenLowe U.S., we believe openness is fundamental to creativity. We’re open to different approaches, perspectives, and ways of thinking that come from working with people from diverse cultures, ethnicities, and sexual orientations, and we don’t believe we can get to the best place creatively without them. We strongly encourage women; Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals; LGBTQ+ individuals; people with disabilities; people of all ages and religion; members of ethnic minorities; foreign-born residents; and veterans to apply.
We do not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Black At MullenLowe:
We signed a pledge with In For 13 to be the change we want to see in the advertising and production industry by elevating the representation, inclusion, and advancement of Black talent across our agency. We stand committed to this pledge and our goals to continually evolve into a workforce rich with diversity of thought, experiences, perspectives, and people.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org - please include your location in the subject line of your email (BOS, NY, LA, WNS)
MullenLowe is an EEO/AA M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
MullenLowe participates in E-Verify.