At MullenLowe we put creativity at the center of everything we do.
We are a culture of makers who are committed to craft and always hungry for what’s next.
We are entrepreneurial in spirit, disarmingly honest and embrace out of the box thinking with different points of view.
We are on a mission to do great work that drives our clients’ business and shapes their brands.
Work that is modern, disruptive and in culture.
Work that people will talk about and share with their friends. And most of all, great work that makes you think and feel something.
If you’re looking to have impact in building a creative culture of belonging, this is the place for you!
As a Strategy Director you will be the day-to-day Strategy lead on your account(s), working directly with senior members of the client team. Your role will put you at the center of the Strategy team—meaning you will be responsible for wrangling Brand, Social, and Behavioral Sciences strategists to move the agency/client’s strategic agenda forward. This will also be true when leading new business efforts as they arrive. You will also be expected to lead the evolution and culture of Brand Strategy.
- Lead the brand and communications direction of an account in conjunction with the Account Director and Creative Director.
- You will be able to place thinking in its proper context:
- Isolate the real business problems a brand and communications can affect.
- Isolate the roles of the brand, communication and communication channels within business plans—thinking for tomorrow and not just today.
- Have a deep understanding of the client business and what makes it tick.
- Champion the brand purpose and ensure that it lives across all key touch-points and communications.
- Identify additional opportunities for the brands growth, both in the world and within the agency.
- Build strong and influential working relationships with Creatives and Account Management.
- Be an effective influencer and presenter with all clients and across all departments.
- Mentor and train more junior Strategists within the department.
- Be a catalyst for better ideas; bring people and disciplines together to create the best, most effective work in the world.
- Be the strategic voice in creative reviews and find ways to make sure you POV is heard.
- Ability to track and monitor your campaign and account success—including award submissions.
- Live a culture of hard work, good fun, nice people and the expectation of excellence.
- Actively managing and growing your strategy team, including career development.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience: Minimum 8-10 years of experience required; previous advertising agency experience on an automotive client preferred.
- Software: Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) and Keynote.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Soft Skills: Strong presentation and organizational skills, captivating presentation skills, ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and close attention to detail.
- Comfortable taking responsibility for the creative output - no baton passing to CD in reviews.
- Driven to seek opportunities to grow the account within the agency.
- The ability to own the strategic vision and creative output for the brand
- Be the hub around which strategy on the account rotates.
- Ability to develop, challenge, and inspire people to do their best work, to think creatively, to adapt, innovate, and thrive.
- Ability to recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an agency. Building teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve agency goals. Where they are seen, heard, and valued.
- To be seen as - and appreciated as - the day-to-day clients ‘go-to’ and have strong senior client relationships.
The salary range for this position is $150,000 to $180,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience and qualifications.
The work is never perfect, so how could we ask that of our applicants? What we do seek out at MullenLowe are original thinkers with a thing for unconventional ideas that solve tomorrow’s big problems. Is that you? Check doubt at the door and apply for the roles that will excite and challenge you in new ways.
At MullenLowe U.S., we believe openness is fundamental to creativity. We’re open to different approaches, perspectives, and ways of thinking that come from working with people from diverse cultures, ethnicities, and sexual orientations, and we don’t believe we can get to the best place creatively without them. We strongly encourage women; Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals; LGBTQ+ individuals; people with disabilities; people of all ages and religion; members of ethnic minorities; foreign-born residents; and veterans to apply.
We do not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Black At MullenLowe:
We signed a pledge with In For 13 to be the change we want to see in the advertising and production industry by elevating the representation, inclusion, and advancement of Black talent across our agency. We stand committed to this pledge and our goals to continually evolve into a workforce rich with diversity of thought, experiences, perspectives, and people.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org - please include your location in the subject line of your email (BOS, NY, LA, WNS)
MullenLowe is an EEO/AA M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
MullenLowe participates in E-Verify.