Supervisor, Business Development
Who We Are
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities. To learn more about who we are at Point32Health, click here.
Job SummaryRole provides direct oversight and coaching to a team of Business Development Representatives and SCO Outreach Representatives in identifying, supporting and growing community partnerships across their territory to generate Senior Care Options referrals. The Business Development team is responsible for prospecting, qualifying and cultivating new lead sources to drive high conversion leads to Outreach Representatives. May also oversee a small, select group of temporary outreach workers.
The role is responsible for achieving assigned monthly sales/lead goals and working with cross functional partners to implement /execute on identified opportunities including, but not limited to, Marketing, Product, Analytics and Inside Sales. This role will work closely with the management team to ensure overall SCO goals are achieved. This position may retain ownership of specified high priority, strategic key accounts.
Key Responsibilities/Duties – what you will be doing
These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Training and on-going coaching of direct reports. Create and execute a high touch co-travel calendar to ensure team is performing at a high level. Accompany team when meeting with high priority/strategic key accounts. Provide customized, real time coaching to team.
- Participates in planning and implementation of outreach strategies and programs in conjunction with Outreach Representatives
- Planning and execution to help to build/refine targeting, approach and execution in order to ensure monthly goals are exceeded (activity and performance metrics).
- Coordinate and develop relationship with key community groups to allow participation in community sponsored events. Manage all activities and events within budget.
- Partners with Internal SCO Growth team to coordinate and develop relationships with key community groups and ASAP’s (Aging Service Access Points) to provide education on Connecting Seniors to Coverage Program to foster lead generation
- Provider/Network Execution: Drive proactive engagement at the medical group and practice level within targeted segments by promoting the full portfolio of offerings and institutionalizing their use. This will be accomplished through regular contact with and visits to provider and group sites.
- Responsible for developing “Partner-based relationships” with providers and provider groups in territory. All groups must be contacted on a regular basis. Training of office staff on the promotion of SCO is essential with provider groups. Must identify joint opportunities with the group to impact the senior community.
- Driven and enthusiastic, comfortable working with executives as well as line staff
- Participates in planning and implementation of outreach strategies and programs in conjunction with External SCO Growth team
- Conducts presentations, sales activities, and other informational events in accordance with current approved communication and marketing programs and CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) and State regulations
- Participate in selected committees and project teams.
- Responsible for keeping up with all administrative requirements including business plan, weekly activity plans and results reports, expense reports, attending team and organization meetings.
- Represent Tufts Health Plan and Point32Health in a manner consistent with stated company values.
- Strictly adheres to company and departmental policies and procedures and regulatory agency guidelines, including CMS MIPPA regulations.
- Performs other duties as necessary and assigned.
Qualifications – what you need to perform the job
EDUCATION: (Minimum educations & certifications required)
Bachelor’s degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: (Years of experience)
Minimum of four-six years of managed Medicare, Managed Long Term Care and/or Medicaid sales, or health insurance sales required.
Minimum of two years of Sales, outreach, and/or community relationship within a managed care environment required. Minimum of two years’ experience in a high volume sales environment preferred.
- Experience developing market research information and market strategies for Sales team
- Experience developing relationships with Community Base Organizations, Faith Based Organizations, Providers, etc.
- Prior community outreach and advocacy experience
- Working knowledge of elderly services and programming
- Experience with Government Programs, Medicare and Medicaid, preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to speak to groups of all sizes.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience marketing to a culturally diverse target population required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytic skills and competitive analysis required.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (Include interpersonal skills)
Self-Confidence, Sales Planning, Orienting Employees.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
Strong leadership and coaching skills. High degree of planning and problem solving required. Good analytical skills. Well-organized with degree of initiative and judgment required to successfully fulfill all job functions of this multi-faceted position. Must be able to work independently and as a team member. Requires ability to interact professionally and effectively with management, internal staff and external customers. Driven and enthusiastic and experience with cross-departmental collaborations is a plus.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility and health equity part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity team's strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.