Director, Indirect Distribution Sales
Who We Are
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities. To learn more about who we are at Point32Health, click here.
Job SummaryThe Director of Indirect Distribution Sales will be responsible for driving sales through field brokers, e-brokers and retiree exchanges in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. The Director will manage a sales team for Field Broker sales and personally account manage our FMO, e-broker and retiree exchange relationships as well as constantly assess the potential of adding new channel partners. This includes across market relationships in Connecticut. The Director will drive accountability through metrics, reporting and CRM to assure we are maximizing sales with targeted relationships. The Director will be collaborating across functions within Sales and Marketing and other internal stakeholders as well as interacting closely with Market leads.
Key Responsibilities/Duties – what you will be doing
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES – what you will be doing:
- Staffing: Coach and develop direct reports. This includes assuring there is accountability for activity with the right relationships that drives sales to achieve/exceed sales goals. Identify skill gaps and create defined plans to improve.
- Annual Growth Planning: Assure development and execution of annual growth plans across markets that identifies and addresses market opportunities and challenges as well as support needed from other stakeholders to assure success.
- Strategic Account Management: Strategic approach with key channel partners (FMO, EMO, Exchange) that starts with fully understanding their business challenges/goals to build mutual success goals and accountability for achievement.
- Field Broker Engagement: Oversee effective execution of tiered approach to field broker engagement. Identify barriers to sales (tools, support, technology, compensation, etc.) and work with internal stakeholders to remove.
- Operations Collaboration: Work closely with Director of Sales Operations to assure day to day operational support, commission payment accuracy, Ready to Sell (RTS) progress, contracting of new channel partners and technology needs.
- Analytics Collaboration: Identify and work with the analytics team to continue refining reporting and analysis to best use resources, support channel partners and help accelerate sales
- Partner Portfolio: Continually assess the effectiveness of channel partners and potential new partners that can support increased growth in markets.
- Connecticut Market Alignment – Responsible for working with the Director of Sales in Connecticut to align strategy and assure a sharing of best practices across markets to elevate effectiveness overall. Carry the market interests of Connecticut into all across-market FMO, EMO and Exchange strategy development and account management discussions.
- Keep compliance top of mind for all elements of plans/initiatives
- Develop and manage department budget
- Collaborate with internal/external business partners effectively
Qualifications – what you need to perform the job
QUALIFICATIONS – what you need to perform the job
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
EXPERIENCE (minimum years required):
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience leading planning in a Sales and Marketing environment and leading complex initiatives. Strong strategic skill set that enables bringing the right elements of a strategy together and driving execution. Building internal relationships and experience partnering at a leadership level is important. Strong preference for experience in health care and/or work with seniors, culturally diverse populations.
- Strong organizational skills to manage complex initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal, management and leadership skills to facilitate the development of strong working relationships with staff, various departments throughout the company, key providers, and community leaders. Must be able to represent the company in a professional manner including presentations both internal and external, written correspondence and telephone communications. Must be able to work cooperatively as a team member.
- Requires a high level of initiative, judgment, and strong leadership capability. Ability to analyze results and trends and adapt strategies in an environment with continuous market change. Requires the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment when issues require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Ability to motivate and engage staff to attain goals on time, in compliance, and within budget.
- Understanding of the health care and social environment for the target population.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and effectively with partner departments and other areas of the company to support product goals. Ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities necessary. Ability to interpret complex information and present it to a variety of audiences in the most appropriate and user-friendly format. Ability to prioritize and troubleshoot on a daily basis.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS):
- Must be able to work under normal office conditions and work from home as required.
- Work may require simultaneous use of a telephone/headset and PC/keyboard and sitting for extended durations.
- May be required to work additional hours beyond standard work schedule.
- Requires ability to perform in a fast paced, changing office environment handling multiple demands. Must be able to think quickly in a stressful environment and exercise appropriate judgment as necessary. Must be detail and deadline oriented. Entails flexibility to work beyond regular hours as needed to execute projects on time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility and health equity part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity team's strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.