Sr Actuarial Analyst
Who We Are
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities. To learn more about who we are at Point32Health, click here.
Job SummaryIndependently conduct analysis and data development, and guide the work of junior staff, for a broad range of financial and actuarial functions including product pricing and rate reviews, financial planning and forecasting, trend analysis, product development, provider reimbursement analysis, fee schedule development, provider risk analysis, and medical cost containment analysis. This is a senior analytical and technical position and as such must be able to perform independently and execute and/or oversee all the analytical and technical tasks required to take a project from inception to conclusion. This role will work closely with one or more departments including underwriting, sales, contracting, finance and clinical services.
A thorough understanding of the health insurance industry with proficiency in relational databases, data warehouses, Excel, and statistical modeling, as well as strong interpersonal skills, are required.
The position is eligible to participate in the Actuarial Student Program, including job rotations every 18-36 months and comprehensive support of the pursuit of Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries
Key Responsibilities/Duties – what you will be doing
- Performs analytic project work assigned by manager with minimal supervision
- Develops analytic project plan to meet defined objectives
- Facilitates planning and review sessions
- Collaborates with manager in defining project objectives, and design components of larger projects
- May manage one or more large projects
- Uses Healthplan data systems and query tools to complete work projects, developing new code and tools to meet objectives
- Designs and builds technical processes to address business issues
- Provides input into and/or help structure program code for more junior staff
- Develops criteria to validate results in light of prior expectations
- Investigate unusual results and offers explanations
- Examines and interprets results in the context of the specific business questions being addressed
- Identifies new questions and/or unforeseen data complexities arising from results and takes steps to address them
- Integrates information from multiple sources to interpret results in larger business context
Qualifications – what you need to perform the job
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility and health equity part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity team's strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.