Vice President, Sales (Medicare & Duals)
Who We Are
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities. To learn more about who we are at Point32Health, click here.
Job SummarymThe Vice President of Sales (Medicare & Duals) is a key leadership role on the Government Markets team, and will report directly to the President, Government Markets and have a dotted line relationship to the P&L leads. This leader has accountability for the development, prioritization, and execution of new business sales and retention strategies for Medicare business to achieve membership, market share, revenue and profit objectives. In addition, this VP will play a consultative role in Medicare product development, marketing and provider partnerships.
Key Responsibilities/Duties – what you will be doing
- Provide leadership and strategic direction; execute strategies and sales plans to achieve membership growth and financial goals for Medicare Advantage, Medicare supplement, and dual eligible products across the Point32Health footprint.
- Develop an innovative sales distribution model, optimizing the telesales, field sales, external brokers and EMO distribution channels
- Monitor critical metrics/dashboards to identify operational strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for improvement; develop and maintain strong intelligence capability through member, prospect and broker feedback loops
- Partner with Marketing to develop local marketing strategies and execute marketing plans.
- Build meaningful relationships externally with appropriate consultants and brokers
- Navigate matrixed environment and ensure cross-functional collaboration with Marketing, Product, Stars and Member Experience, Business Performance, Finance, Actuarial and other key partners to develop annual and long-term strategic sales plans that support the organizations long-term strategic plan.
- Hire, train, coach, counsel and evaluate performance of sales team. Lead and inspire the sales organization to outperform in an ever changing and complex retail sales environment.
- Build and drive a culture that is aligned with Point32Health’s values and behaviors.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications – what you need to perform the job
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) or equivalent work experience required.
- Active Health & Life Insurance Licenses or willingness to obtain.
EXPERIENCE (minimum years required):
- 5-10 years of progressive sales leadership experience, preferably in Medicare Advantage and D-SNP plans.
- Broad experience with multichannel sales distribution.
- 10 years progressive experience and a minimum of 7 years of management experience with historic achievement of both market-share and profitability objectives.
- Experience with direct-to-consumer sales and marketing and demonstrated strength in building external relationships is essential. Experience working within a matrixed organization, where direct accountability is required, but responsibility may lie elsewhere.
Thorough knowledge of managed care/health insurance market.
Excellent supervisory, project management, strategic thinking, creative problem solving, and negotiation skills (also at the executive level), with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel):
Must be able to work under normal office conditions and work from home as required.
Work may require simultaneous use of a telephone/headset and PC/keyboard and sitting for extended durations.
May be required to work additional hours beyond standard work schedule.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility and health equity part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity team's strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.