Project Manager I - Finance Operations
Who We Are
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities. To learn more about who we are at Point32Health, click here.
Job SummaryUnder the direction of management, Project Manager I is responsible for assisting with the administration of Finance Operations Compliance/Regulatory programs and projects with high visibility to external customers, vendor relationships and cross-departmental interfaces. The Project Manager I will provide project coordination and support to the Finance Operations Compliance team. The Project Manager I will work closely with the Finance Operations Compliance Manager and the Project Manager II and collaboratively with the appropriate Point32Health departments, and at times, outside vendors, to assist in developing and implementing project plans, performing thorough timeline and impact analyses, and monitoring for project success. The Project Manager I will promote and apply standard project/program management methodology and employ departmental tools and templates in accordance with existing standards.
The Project Manager I should apply Point32Health policies in a consistent manner to ensure accurate cross functional processing. By using knowledge of the company, the Project Manager I is able to direct departmental team members on projects, and is able to influence project owners, sponsors and stakeholder committees.
Key Responsibilities/Duties – what you will be doing
PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: 80%
- Manages small to medium departmental projects, assessments and short-term initiatives, and supports components of larger cross functional and/or corporate projects
- Lead sessions/work groups as appropriate
- Participate in cross-functional team meetings on projects of significant complexity including business requirement sessions and PMO meetings
- As required, participate in coordination of planning and execution for projects including documentation of issues and defects
- Effectively document project issues and risks as appropriate
- Interact effectively with business subject matter experts to move project work forward
- Create and manage project documentation to ensure successful outcomes
- Schedule meetings and project review sessions
- Prepare and/or present project timelines, workflows, and updates to internal and/or external clients
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: 20%
- Assist with the timely and accurate implementation of new regulatory programs and supporting ongoing regulatory programs for the Finance Operations department. Will require gathering and synthesizing data to submit to IT and vendors related to ongoing program maintenance, problem solving issues or implementing process improvements.
- Assist with assigned and ongoing corporate and departmental initiatives working with Finance Operations teams and management. Manage certain aspects of the overall projects as assigned.
- Represent Finance Operations as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in cross-functional meetings and projects. Proactively manage tasks with cross functional interfaces. This includes working with multiple areas within the organization and with vendors as needed to ensure timely processes and workflows.
- Perform analysis and data validation in support of the project and effectively interpret and communicate results.
- Support the ongoing maintenance of processes and applications for Finance Operations by submitting and monitoring information technology (IT) service requests, representing the department at IT global prioritization (GP) meetings, ensuring staff has appropriate systems access & working with IT and vendors to resolve system, data feed, and reporting issues in order to meet deadlines.
- Perform other responsibilities as required, including responding to internal and external audit requests, providing cross-training to team members, working with management to ensure there are effective ongoing operational and regulatory business processes, and identifying and implementing process improvements.
Qualifications – what you need to perform the job
Knowledge requirements (education & experience):
Bachelor’s degree required, with a concentration in accounting or finance preferred. Minimum three years of experience in accounting, finance and/or operations, preferably in the healthcare insurance industry preferred, which includes at least one year participating in cross-functional projects as a subject matter expert and project contributor. Requires a basic knowledge of project management concepts and the ability to apply these concepts to project deliverables. Project management certification is a plus.
Skill requirements (include complexity of position):
Project Manager I is expected to be self-motivated & detail-oriented with the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and have the flexibility to adapt to changing processes and timelines. Requires the ability to perform in dynamic situations, manage multiple, complex responsibilities, and be effective working autonomously to meet multiple deadlines.
Requires the ability to prioritize and manage deliverables and to effectively communicate across workgroups. Requires strong process management, project management, critical thinking, and problem solving skills. Project Manager I should possess a basic level of competency with applying project management techniques, tools and methods for documentation including gathering business/technical requirements, communication planning, meeting minutes and scheduling.
Requires the ability to analyze and resolve operational issues and the ability to exercise timely & sound judgement in order to escalate issues to appropriate team members or management for resolution. Requires high proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word. Proficiency in project management software tools (e.g. Smartsheet, JIRA, and Kanban) or analytical query/report writing tools (e.g. Cognos) is a plus.
Interpersonal skills (include personal interaction):
Requires a high level of organizational skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills. Requires ability to partner and communicate with all departments and organization levels across Point32Health as well as external customers, vendors, auditors, and government agencies.
The Project Manager I is expected to successfully manage the environment which includes flexibility, relationship building, professional accountability and the ability to communicate at all levels required to support the various reporting relationships in a professional manner.
Requires strong team collaboration and relationship building skills.
Principal duties and responsibilities occur simultaneously, therefore, the employee must be able to appropriately handle each essential function, prioritize them and seek assistance when necessary. These functions need to be performed on a consistent and regular basis, using good judgment. Ability to learn and apply company policies consistently, seeking out guidance when necessary, is required
All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Point32Health is considered confidential. Will be exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material. Must adhere to corporate compliance policy, department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
Working Conditions or Additional requirements (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
. Must be able to excel in a fast paced business environment and handle multiple priorities. Must be able to work in excess of 40 hours per week as the job may require, including evenings and weekends
*Essential functions occur simultaneously, therefore, the employee must be able to appropriately handle each essential function, prioritize them and seek assistance when necessary. These functions need to be performed on a consistent and regular basis, using good judgment. Ability to learn and apply company policies consistently, seeking out guidance when necessary, is required.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEAMENT OF JOB CONTENT; RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility and health equity part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity team's strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.