Senior Project Manager (TIDE)
Who We Are
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities. To learn more about who we are at Point32Health, click here.
Job SummaryHarvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute (HPHCI) is currently seeking a highly motivated, action-oriented, and resourceful Senior Project Manager to join the Division of Therapeutics Research and Infectious Disease Epidemiology (TIDE). TIDE sits within Harvard Medical School’s Department of Population Medicine (www.populationmedicine.org), leading large, complex, multi-institutional research initiatives that support major national public health activities. Our mission is to improve health care delivery and population health through research and education, in partnership with health plans, delivery systems, and public health agencies. The diversity of TIDE’s portfolio affords opportunities for team members to work on a wide-range of public health issues, including the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Senior Project Manager reports into TIDE’s Project Management Office (PMO), a Center of Excellence, that offers robust career pathing, training, support, and mentorship. They will work under the direction of a TIDE Program Manager and be responsible for providing overall management of research projects, primarily focused on drug safety and effectiveness. The Senior Project Manager will provide oversight of project work to ensure that the goals and objectives are accomplished within budget, schedule, and scope. They will identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate, and monitor current and future risks and support the needs of multiple stakeholders. This position requires excellent communication skills for close collaboration with internal and external investigators, funders, and project managers and is an ideal match for a candidate with pharmaceutical or CRO industry experience.
Key Responsibilities/Duties – what you will be doing
- Oversee day-to-day management of large, complex, multi-site research projects and cross-functional initiatives in a fast-paced environment. Use project management principles to evaluate study progress, identify problems, recommend solutions, and implement system improvements. Ensure project adheres to planned timelines and is progressing according to project goals. Understand and utilize risk management principles. Participate in the preparation of project plans and study reports summarizing progress and results.
- Participate in the preparation of scopes of work and support contract execution for new projects. Create and manage project budgets, including tracking expenditures, payment to vendors, and preparation of financial reports; communicate about resource and budget expenditures to Program Managers to ensure smooth operation of all aspects of research studies.
- May hire, train, and supervise project staff. Mentor project and research staff.
- Manage the processes of data collection, data analysis, and results reporting on projects; facilitate creation and monitoring of timeline and prioritization tracking systems, ensure data is entered into tracking systems accurately, and prepare updates for the study team and funder.
- Develop and maintain a highly collaborative working relationship with funders and other key stakeholders; serve as a primary liaison to the project team. Interact with study investigators and staff within HPHCI and collaborating institutions. Plan or oversee planning of project calls and in-person meetings.
- Ensure human subject/HIPAA protections are in place. Plan and oversee protocol development, data collection, data analysis, and results reporting on research projects.
- Perform out-of-the-box thinking, collaborate with others, and make a difference every day!
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications – what you need to perform the job
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree in public health or related field strongly preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience managing medium to large, complex, multi-site projects and cross-functional initiatives, using standard project management methodologies in a pharmaceutical, CRO, health care, or academic environment or similar.
- Able to work independently with excellent judgment, prioritize work, operate under tight deadlines, and meet deadlines. Strong interpersonal and communication skills; able to communicate and collaborate effectively and regularly with senior level staff, investigators, and external stakeholders. Advanced experience managing relationships with external partners, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Able to develop, track, and manage complex budgets. Extensive experience managing projects and programs that involve research compliancy.
- Able to lead and motivate teams effectively and manage through influence. Strong problem solving and process management skills. Able to handle confidential and sensitive information discreetly. Proficiency with various software packages, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project, Visio, Power Point, and other desktop tools.
- Resilient, collaborative, flexible, innovative.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to work under normal office conditions and work from home as required.
- Work may require simultaneous use of a telephone/headset and PC/keyboard and sitting for extended durations.
- May be required to work additional hours beyond standard work schedule.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility and health equity part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity team's strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.