Finance Operations Analyst II
Who We Are
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities. To learn more about who we are at Point32Health, click here.
Job SummaryUnder the direction of the Manager, Accounts Payable, this position is responsible for the administration and maintenance of multiple A/P automated processes and systems, including the AP Portal and Concur Travel & Expense, and standard Accounts Payable related processes and reconciliations. This position is responsible for the daily oversight and support of data interfaces, resolution of employee system issues and standard and ad-hoc reporting as required. The A/P Analyst II is also responsible for assisting the A/P staff in the processing of all trade payables and employee expense reports as needed. This position requires a strong business, technical and analytical discipline as well as troubleshooting skills with the ability to work across multiple systems/interfaces. This is a cross functional role that interacts with IT/NTT, several internal business partners, and external customers/vendors requiring strong written/oral communication skills.
Key Responsibilities/Duties – what you will be doing
FINANCE OPERATIONS ANALYST II RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform accurate completion of production cycles and related processes within prescribed deadlines, including reconciliations, and control reporting.
- Identify production issues and coordinate resolution with management and team members, internal/external business partners, and IT.
- Analyze data, validate, interpret results, and communicate results effectively.
- Develop and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with the internal and external stakeholders and business partners
- Assist with corporate projects and departmental initiates to ensure successful implementation and integration of all business processes. Interact effectively with Program and Project Managers and assist with other department projects as needed.
- Assist with ongoing system maintenance, configuration, and enhancements.
- Update and maintain policies, procedures, and workflows.
- Perform cross-training, implement process improvements, and ensure corporate controls and polices are adhered to.
- Responsible for responding to internal and external audit requests
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for AP system data maintenance for Oracle and Concur including file uploads, configuration updates and Oracle interfaces/processes.
- Timely and accurate completion of all standard and ad-hoc AP reporting including Travel & Entertainment monthly reports, Concur and Oracle AP related reporting.
- Responsible for assisting with all AP file uploads for vendors and invoices and assisting customer/colleagues with AP data files creation.
- Prompt resolution of AP production and system issues and coordination with IT/NTT and vendors on escalated issues.
- Assist with the timely and accurate completion of AP related reconciliations including check and EFT, 1099 and Unclaimed Property.
- Assist with the AP production processes as needed.
Qualifications – what you need to perform the job
EDUCATION: (Minimum education & certifications required)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration required.
EXPERIENCE: (Years of experience)
- 2-3 years of accounting or finance work experience which demonstrates the abilities to perform in the position. Managed health care experience is preferred, operations and/or analytical experience a plus
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (Include interpersonal skills)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to follow up/follow through to ensure timely accurate completion of tasks
- Strong problem-solving and investigative skills required
- Ability to prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines operating under very tight timelines
- Strong work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-motivated with the ability to work independently with a bias for taking initiative
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite of products. Mastery in use of Microsoft Excel. Oracle eBusiness experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Personable, able to collaborate as a colleague and business partner to interact with peers and internal/external stakeholders
- Discretion and confidentiality
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
- The Finance Operations Department is a fast-paced environment.
- This position consistently is meeting multiple demands and deadlines.
- Occasional work outside normal business hours may be required.
CONFIDENTIAL DATA: All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care is considered confidential. Exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material and must adhere to corporate compliance policy, department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations always.
Compensation & Total Rewards Overview
The annual base salary range provided for this position represents a broad range of salaries for this role and similar roles across the organization. The actual salary for this position will be determined by several factors, including the scope and complexity of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials, and experience of the candidate; equity with internal colleagues; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive total rewards program, colleagues are also eligible for variable pay. Eligibility for any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits remains in the Company's sole discretion and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Point32Health offers their Colleagues a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package which currently includes:
Medical, dental and vision coverage
Paid time off
Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
Full suite of benefits to support career development, individual & family health, and financial health
For more details on our total rewards programs, visit https://www.point32health.org/careers/benefits/
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility and health equity part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity team's strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.