Sr Finance Analyst, Competitive Intelligence
Who We Are
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities. To learn more about who we are at Point32Health, click here.
Job SummaryUnder the direction of the Sr. Competitive Intelligence Finance Consultant, the Sr Competitive Intelligence Finance Analyst supports the Competitive Intelligence function by performing Market share analysis, Competitor profiling, Risk assessment and competitive benchmarking for Point32Health.
Key Responsibilities/Duties – what you will be doing
- Conducts research on competitors, market trends, and industry developments to gather relevant data and insights
- Completes analysis of the competitive landscape to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT analysis) for Point32Health.
- Assist in developing strategies to maintain or gain a competitive edge in the health insurance industry
- Gather data from various sources, including public records, industry reports, and internal sources, to inform decision-making.
- Supports the creation of reports and presentations for senior leadership review to keep them informed about the competitive landscape and its implications
- Work with the team to share competitive intelligence with relevant teams and departments within the organization to inform their decision-making processes.
- Develops scenarios and forecast based on competitive intelligence to anticipate future industry changes and prepare the organization accordingly.
- Work closely with other departments, such as marketing, product development, and underwriting, to ensure alignment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications – what you need to perform the job
Education, Certification and Licensure
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health care or related field.
- MBA strongly preferred
Experience (minimum years required):
- 3 -5 years of progressive experience in healthcare analytics
- Strong working knowledge of health insurance claims and health care delivery system preferred
- Experience in financial performance analytics and the generation of actionable insights
- Strong working proficiency required in understanding and utilizing Microsoft Office Suite: Excel and Power Point
- Outstanding analytic and data story telling skills with the ability to synthesize and organize large data for meaningful use and action
- Strong organizational skills, to be able to package MBR/QBR materials from various departments, across all lines of business
- Well-developed presentation and communication skills
- Understands linkages between financial and non-financial KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), e.g. STARS, Admits per K, attrition metrics
- Preferred knowledge of majority of the following: SQL, SAS or Alteryx, Tableau or MicroStrategy
- Energetic and proactive individual who strikes the right balance between self- initiation and collaborating with others
- Demonstrated ability to master new content quickly
- Must be able to manage and direct multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Working Conditions and Additional Requirements (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel):
- Must be able to work under normal office conditions and work from home as required.
- Work may require simultaneous use of a telephone/headset and PC/keyboard and sitting for extended durations.
- May be required to work additional hours beyond standard work schedule.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Compensation & Total Rewards Overview
The annual base salary range provided for this position represents a broad range of salaries for this role and similar roles across the organization. The actual salary for this position will be determined by several factors, including the scope and complexity of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials, and experience of the candidate; equity with internal colleagues; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive total rewards program, colleagues are also eligible for variable pay. Eligibility for any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits remains in the Company's sole discretion and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Point32Health offers their Colleagues a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package which currently includes:
Medical, dental and vision coverage
Paid time off
Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
Full suite of benefits to support career development, individual & family health, and financial health
For more details on our total rewards programs, visit https://www.point32health.org/careers/benefits/
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility and health equity part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity team's strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.