Senior Financial Planning Analyst
Who We Are
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities. To learn more about who we are at Point32Health, click here.
Job SummaryThe Senior Financial Planning Analyst serves as the key financial support person to a subset of all enterprise functional areas. The position will report to the Market Finance Lead of Government Programs and provides business partner support and analysis. Assist with the annual expense planning and bi-annual expense forecasting activities for all corporate shared service functional administrative costs. Conduct monthly expense reviews with leadership and act as the Finance partner for all financial matters.
Key Responsibilities/Duties – what you will be doing
- Budget Management
- Execute the F1, F2 and annual forecasting processes and continue to assess for areas for enhancement
- Produce standardized reporting processes across all administrative areas (departmental and executive)
- Manage monthly budgets in order to conduct monthly expense reviews with leadership
- Assist in developing materials for monthly meetings with Vice Presidents and Directors throughout the organization
- Build out monthly budgets to include cost drivers to drive a more accurate allocation that reflects business reality
- Identify and track monthly expense accrual and coordinate with AP and the accounting team
- Document financial processes
- Invoice Management
- Serve as the primary financial contact for the areas of responsibility
- Own the ongoing tracking and reporting of invoices and Purchase Orders
- Support the contracting and invoicing process (tracking, recording, reviewing to contract terms, obtain payment approvals, etc.)
- Enhance/ streamline the process
- Note: Once a budget tool is in place, invoice management will merge with the budget management process
- Financial Analysis
- Assist with ad hoc financial analysis projects as assigned
- Types of projects may include (membership shifts, system consolidation, impacts of automation, etc.)
- Service Excellence
- Demonstrate best in class business behaviors
- Collaboration – Partner with Finance team and business partners to achieve results. Act as one team to ensure work is completed. Always ask how you can help with a constant focus on proactive behavior.
- Business Knowledge – Demonstrate an understanding of business operations with the goal of becoming the spokesperson for your areas of responsibility.
- Critical Thinking – Constructively challenge decisions and process to ensure optimal decision making and performance. Focus on identifying process efficiencies, improving message, and enabling ease of understanding.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Qualifications – what you need to perform the job
Education, Certification and Licensure
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business - required
- Advanced degree preferred (MBA or Masters) - preferred
- Professional license (e.g., CPA, CIA, etc.) - preferred
Experience (minimum years required):
- 3-5 years’ related business experience with finance, operations and process understanding required
- Healthcare Industry experience a plus
- Proficient in budget management and techniques
- Proficient in using financial systems (e.g., IBM Cognos) and modelling tools
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to manage to deadlines and shifting priorities
- Project management and organizational skills
- Analytical Skills: ability to synthesizeand organize informationfor meaningfuluse and action
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building and leadership skills to influence work and collaboratively across all levels of employees, management and cross-functionally
- Strategic thinking skills; ability to draw meaningful insights and identify business implications
- Detail oriented
Working Conditions and Additional Requirements (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel):
- Minimal activity outside at external sites.
- Must be able to work under normal office conditions and work from home as required.
- Work may require simultaneous use of a telephone/headset and PC/keyboard and sitting for extended durations.
- May be required to work additional hours beyond standard work schedule.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Compensation & Total Rewards Overview
The annual base salary range provided for this position represents a broad range of salaries for this role and similar roles across the organization. The actual salary for this position will be determined by several factors, including the scope and complexity of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials, and experience of the candidate; equity with internal colleagues; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive total rewards program, colleagues are also eligible for variable pay. Eligibility for any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits remains in the Company's sole discretion and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Point32Health offers their Colleagues a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package which currently includes:
Medical, dental and vision coverage
Paid time off
Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
Full suite of benefits to support career development, individual & family health, and financial health
For more details on our total rewards programs, visit https://www.point32health.org/careers/benefits/
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility and health equity part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity team's strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.