Sr. Financial Analyst (TIDE)
Who We Are
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities. To learn more about who we are at Point32Health, click here.
Job SummaryHarvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute (HPHCI) is currently seeking a highly motivated, action-oriented, and resourceful Senior Financial Analyst to join the Division of Therapeutics Research and Infectious Disease Epidemiology (TIDE). TIDE sits within Harvard Medical School’s Department of Population Medicine (www.populationmedicine.org), leading large, complex, multi-institutional research initiatives that support major national public health activities. Our mission is to improve health care delivery and population health through research and education, in partnership with health plans, delivery systems, and public health agencies. The diversity of TIDE’s portfolio affords opportunities for team members to work on a wide-range of public health issues, including the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Senior Financial Analyst reports into TIDE’s Project Management Office (PMO), a Center of Excellence, that offers robust career pathing, training, support, and mentorship. They will work under the direction of a TIDE Senior Program Manager and be responsible for performing a variety of financial management activities, including, but not limited to, development of research proposal budgets, development and oversight of financial tracking systems, and analysis of budgets and forecasts. This position requires high-level communication skills for close collaboration with leadership, project managers, and other staff, both within HPHCI and with external institutions and collaborators and is an ideal match for a candidate with pharmaceutical or CRO industry experience.
Key Responsibilities/Duties – what you will be doing
- Budget Management: Oversee pre- and post-award development and management of budgets. Oversee the management of program-specific financial documentation, analysis, reporting, and quality control testing of financial tracking systems, in collaboration with TIDE’s Finance team and in accordance with internal standards.
- Financial Planning and Analysis: Evaluate budgetary data and develop financial models and forecasts to support strategic decisions for program and Department/Institute leadership.
- Efficiency Enhancements: Create a program-specific financial tracking system to generate financial reports, in consultation with program leadership; analyze data and identify resource needs and opportunities to improve pricing strategy, trends, risks, and mitigation strategies.
- Team Leadership: Act as the primary contact for program-related financial activities. Develop collaborative relationships with stakeholders and partners and represent the program externally. Lead discussions with internal and external collaborators to understand and interpret pricing and contracts. Provide strategic financial guidance and support. Work with internal teams to develop, update and implement policies and procedures to support the portfolio’s needs.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications – what you need to perform the job
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in Business Finance, Accounting or related field strongly preferred
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Attention to detail, while grasping the “big-picture” is essential. Able to function in team environment and oversee finance-related activities and analyses.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Lead synthesis, summarization, reporting of complex financial data for senior leaders.
- Expert in various software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point. Expertise in Oracle e-Business Suite strongly preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to work under normal office conditions and work from home as required.
- Work may require simultaneous use of a telephone/headset and PC/keyboard and sitting for extended durations.
- May be required to work additional hours beyond standard work schedule.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Compensation & Total Rewards Overview
The annual base salary range provided for this position represents a broad range of salaries for this role and similar roles across the organization. The actual salary for this position will be determined by several factors, including the scope and complexity of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials, and experience of the candidate; equity with internal colleagues; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive total rewards program, colleagues are also eligible for variable pay. Eligibility for any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits remains in the Company's sole discretion and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Point32Health offers their Colleagues a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package which currently includes:
Medical, dental and vision coverage
Paid time off
Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
Full suite of benefits to support career development, individual & family health, and financial health
For more details on our total rewards programs, visit https://www.point32health.org/careers/benefits/
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility and health equity part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity team's strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.