Merge Storytelling and Technology
We MERGE storytelling and technology to promote health, wealth and happiness in the world. We help marketing and technology executives engage hearts and connect parts by offering full-service capabilities including strategy, creative communications, experience engineering, performance marketing, media, digital platform development and more.
Promote Health, Wealth & Happiness
We are committed to promoting health, wealth and happiness in the world by partnering with purpose-driven clients in purpose-driven industries such as healthcare, financial services and consumer products. Our health clients are literally on the front lines saving lives. Our wealth clients are changing the financial potential in people's lives. And our consumer clients make lives...a little bit happier every day.
Partner with Clients of Iconic Brands
MERGE has enduring client partnerships with American Express, T-Mobile, LG, Facebook, Adobe, Kate Spade NY, Coach, The North Face, Fidelity, Eaton Vance, BlueCross BlueShield, Abbott, Astellas, Seqirus, Supernus, Boston Scientific, Advocate Aurora Health, Indiana University Health and Marco’s Pizza to name a few.
Work with Poets and PHD’s
With 750+ employees across offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Montreal and New York City, MERGE uses a talent-to-task process that connects our poets and PHD’s which enables clients to think higher and feel deeper about their customers.
Emerge to the Top of Your Career
At MERGE, we strive to create a superior work experience where people with ability, agility and humility can grow and do the best work of their careers.
As our Associate Account Director , you will…
Be Accountable and Responsible
For overseeing and leading all account management processes. You will monitor, direct, and motivate day-to-day interactions between the account team and clients, actively nurturing strong relationships with existing and possible clients. This role combines strategic and hands-on experience by delivering engaging, passionate outstanding ideas and work. You will work closely with the account team to drive tactical projects through the agency and meet delivery requirements/deadlines. You will also act as a senior solution-oriented manager who thrives on developing lasting relationships between the client and agency teams. This position involves consistent client contact and operates at a high level in all aspects of account management.
While this description includes core functional responsibilities, all of our employees are active members of the team, and flexible in assisting the company as it grows and evolves. This expectation requires each person to be capable of adapting to the dynamics of a client-driven environment. We’re as interested in your human side as your technical expertise. As our Account Director, you will be upbeat, optimistic, and happy to help the team.
- Provide strategic leadership for the Account Management team, including:
- Serve as the trusted voice of the client by assimilating customer and marketplace insights into the development of strategies and marketing programs
- Efficiently balance the dual expectations of the agency and our clients
- Guide clients by educating them with strategy, ideas, trends, and thought leadership
- Responsible for creating relationships with senior clients to facilitate the overall needs of the client and agency
- Sign off on materials for reporting to the client
- Grow business by utilizing experience to identify additional business needs and implement solutions
- Leverage experience and capabilities to craft strategic and creative solutions for both existing and new business clients
- Incorporate senior staff from other departments as project objectives or issues warrant
- Manage and grow a team as a mentor and trusted advisor to account team
These are the qualifications we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 6-8 years of account management within an agency environment or consulting experience
- Extensive production and media experience for a DTC client; retail experience a plus
- Strong background in direct response (print + digital) and performance marketing
- Ability to evaluate competitive communications across categories, consumer, service, cultural trends, etc.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to be a constant leader to a team in a highly collaborative environment and to develop and execute Account Management Strategies
- Advanced client management skills, especially as it relates to expanding business within existing clients
- Superior professional communication and presentation skills
- Commitment to the client, attention to detail, and strong problem-solving ability
And here’s how we live our values at MERGE
- Ability. Mastering our craft
- Agility. Delivering with a growth mindset
- Humility. Collaborating for shared success
MERGE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
MERGE welcomes and celebrates diversity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status or people with abilities. We believe that the more diverse we are, the more creative our work will be!